and I want to taste some typical American food ..
1/4 cup pancetta (or bacon), diced
6 Tbsp butter, cubed
1 tsp garlic, chopped
? cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced
1 ? cups heavy cream
1 ? cups milk
1 oz cornstarch
? cup Parmesan cheese, grated
? cup smoked Gouda cheese, chopped
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
8.5 oz can sliced artichokes, drained
1/4 tsp pepper
? cup mushrooms, sliced
1 1/2 lbs pasta of choice, cooked according to package directions
1 1/2 lbs skinless/boneless chicken breasts, cut in 1 - 1 ?” pieces
? cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 Tbsp olive oil
? cup white wine
Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
1. SAUTé pancetta (or bacon) in a 3-qt sauce pan or large pot, over medium/high heat until crisp and golden brown. Reduce heat, add butter and allow it to melt. Add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté for approximately one minute, stirring frequently (do not brown).
2. WHISK in cream, milk and cornstarch. Raise heat to medium/high. Whisk in Parmesan and Gouda cheeses. Once cheese melts, add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
3. REMOVE from heat and let stand uncovered.
1. MIX flour with salt and pepper. Coat chicken in seasoned flour, shaking off excess flour.
2. HEAT olive oil in large sauté pan. Add chicken in a single layer and cook until golden brown on both sides (approximately 7 minutes total). Juices should run clear.
3. ADD wine to chicken in pan (caution: there will be a low flame in pan). Toss gently until wine is evaporated. Add sauce and bring to a boil on medium/high heat.
4. TRANSFER drained, cooked pasta to large platter. Evenly distribute chicken and sauce over pasta.
5. GARNISH with chopped parsley and serve
America is the melting pot of all nationalities and there is no place it is shown better than in our foods. Typical American food can be pizza (from Italian Immigrants), chili (from South of the border), Oriental food (naturally from Chinese or Japanese influence), Sandwiches, Meat pies (from Irish, Turkish, or Greek influence among others).
If you want fast food like Americans eat then you would choose hamburgers and fries with maybe a milk shake or cola. Or even fish and chips (English influence) with cole slaw.
If you want sit-down, then it could be Meat Loaf with either mashed potatoes or baked potatoes and a vegetable like green beans, corn, or peas. Or it could be Chicken & Dumplings with a nice salad or even Surf & Turf which is a steak and either prawns or lobster, served with either a baked potato or fries and cole slaw. Fried chicken is also high on the American food list but with today's health in mind it has been changed to something other than fried.
And for dessert it can be any kind of pie but nothing is more "American" than the apple pie. Cakes are also a bit hit with Americans. And Chocolate Chip cookies are way up there as well.
So choose some of what I have mentioned and you will enjoy "American" food. For that matter, probably what you eat where you are will be the same as a lot of "Americans" are eating here. Spaghetti with Marinara sauce and meatballs are a hit with us as well. We love noodles, rice, potatoes, vegetables of all kinds, fruit of all kinds, different kinds of meats including pork, beef, chicken, lamb, deer, elk, fish, and the list goes on. Some are more partial to one than another and some are vegetarians so they don't eat meat at all.
Hope that helps.