Recipe Suggestions for Superbowl Party - Mexican/Southwest Theme?!
Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
Black bean dip
2 14 oz. cans refried black beans
juice of one lime
zest of one lime, optional
1 cup sour cream
1 cup grated cheese [Monterey Jack, Sharp Cheddar, Chihuahua]
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 medium summer or plum tomato, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup chopped black olives
1/2 medium white onion, diced
1 chile pepper, diced [seeds and veins removed as desired (see Note)]
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coarse salt
Heat oven to 350°
In a baking dish, combine the refried black beans, lime juice, lime zest and sour cream and cheese. Mix well. Stir in the garlic, tomato, onion and chile. Add cumin and coarse salt to taste and mix again.
Bake 25 – 30 minutes until hot and bubbly and the edges develop a nice crust. Remove from oven and set aside 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with your favorite tortilla chip.
Note: The heat in chiles is contained in the seeds and veins. You could also substitute your favorite hot sauce to taste.
Tinga on Tostadas with sour cream mexican cheese and chopped up cabbage.
Its quick, easy and your guests will love it and never know how easy it was to make!
You will need:
3 pounds of boiled chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
2 cups chicken stock (reserved after boiling chicken)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2-3 small onions, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 can chipotle chile canned in adobo (7 oz. can)
How to make it:
1. In large sauce pan wilt the 2-3 sliced onions in the oil until very soft, but not brown.
2. In a blender add as many chipotle chiles as you dare and add lots of the adobo from the can as it adds tons of flavor but almost no heat.
3. Add the tomatoes, chopped onion, garlic, bullion to the chilies and salt blend until smooth.
4. Add puree to onions and cook about 5 minutes.
5. Add shredded meat (better with chicken) stir entire mixture and cook until warmed through 1-2 minutes.
6. To eat take a tostada and spread with sour cream.
7. Sprinkle on some Mexican cheese if desired.
8. Add shredded cabage and top with tinga mixture.
Queso..we have this at every big get together and I never have left overs..
1 3lb box Velveeta (chopped)
1 1lb box Mexican Velveeta (chopped)
1 lb breakfast sausage (i only use Jimmy Dean or Owens)
1 8 oz CAN chopped green chili's
3 cans Rotel,( I mix em 2 mild and one hot)
In a skillet brown sausage till just done, remove and drain on paper towels.place all items in pot or crock pot turn on low and stir often until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth and hot. Serve with chips or on burritos.
2 cans whole kernel corn
1/4 cup chopped red pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cups shredded cheese (I use mexican blend)
1 cup mayo
1 bag chili-cheese fritos
-mix all ingredients
-crush fritos and mix in right before serving
This salad is a HUGE hit!!! I'm always looking for an excuse to make it!!! :)
I just came across this chili cheese bean nachos & dip recipe. It looks really easy and fast to make. It says it takes about 15 minutes, easy enough, since i wont have a lot of time. hope this helps.
This is always a big hit, it's fabulous! I skip the popcorn and for a party, serve in a dish instead of martini glasses, unless you have a bunch. * Oh, and you can make it the night before and keep in the fridge.
Serves: 4-6, Yield:3 cups (modify for your party keeping in mind the other food items you are serving)
* 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
* 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
* 1 lb unpeeled shrimp
* 1/2 medium white onion
* 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
* 1/2 cup ketchup
* 1 -2 tablespoon bottled hot sauce
* 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
* 1 cup diced cucumber
* 1/2 cup diced tomato
* 1 small avocado
* salt and pepper
* 1 large garlic clove
* 3 cups popped popcorn (unsalted microwave popcorn-no butter)
Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 1 1/2 hrs
1. 1 Boil 1 quart salted water, adding 2 tbls lime juice. Add shrimp and cover, bring water back to a boil. Remove immediately from heat and set lid slightly askew. Pour out all liquid, replace cover, and let shrimp steam off heat for 10 minute.
2. 2 Spread shrimp out in a pan to cool. De-vein shrimp when cooled. Toss shrimp in remaining lime juice and refrigerate for an hour.
3. 3 Dice onion, avocado, cucumber, cilantro, garlic, and tomato. Add to shrimp bowl and toss with ketchup, hot sauce, and olive oil. Cover and refrigerate if not served immediately.
4. 4 Serve in martini glasses for a stylish presentation. Sprinkle unsalted popcorn on top for crunch, and serve remaining popcorn in a bowl on the side. You may want to add more popcorn when initial popcorn is eaten. Do not add too much popcorn at once because it will get soggy before eaten. Add a little bit at a time as you enjoy.
5. 5 Garnish with lime slices and cilantro sprigs