In Texas can i a married legal age spouse buy alcohol for my minor husband at bars and licensed premises?!

Question: In Texas can i a married legal age spouse buy alcohol for my minor husband at bars and licensed premises!?
Yes you can at most places!. I'm a Texan!. My husband is a year younger than me, and last year when he was 20 and I was 21, we brought our marriage license and drivers licenses into a bar and he was able to drink(wow how desperate for alcohol)!. The only thing is they have to be in the same room with you at all times, just in case someone from the TABC comes in and checks ID's(the minor can't be without the older spouse 'supervising' them)!. Some corporate restauraunts(ex!. olive garden,red lobster) wont allow it though just so they wont get stuck in the situation that I described and lose their liquor license!.!.!.but most private owned restaraunts and bars will allow it!Www@FoodAQ@Com

Texas law allows for the parent or adult guardian of a minor to purchase alcohol for them in establishments that also serve food!. as long as the adult remains in the establishment with the minor during consumption of the alcohol!. the actual decision to sell the alcohol is still up to the establishment, nothing you can do about that!. But in this case you would be considered adult guardian!.Www@FoodAQ@Com

I don't know where that last person got their information, but yes, absolutely you can buy alcohol for him!. a parent, legal guardian, or spouse who is of age can buy someone underage alcohol as long as the underage individual stays near the legal person!. keep in mind that the establishment can deny anyone service for any reason, meaning they can say no to you even though it is legal!.Www@FoodAQ@Com

Legally, yes!. If you have your marriage license on you!. Some restaurant just have a policy where you must be 21 regardless of your parent, spouse, guardians age, and others would serve him if you both showed your ID's and have the same last name!. It really depends on the place but it is legal in Texas!.Www@FoodAQ@Com

ROFL - NO! He's still a child under the eyes of the law!. This is not like buying a car or signing a contract where empancipation matters!. There's a minimum age and that's that!Www@FoodAQ@Com

absolutely! they'll ask for reasonable proof, so its safe just to carry a copy of your marriage license until he's of age, but its completely legal!.Www@FoodAQ@Com

no, because buying alcohol for a minor is a crime, doesn't matter if they are married or not!
also, the over 21s law prohibits him from being in bars at all!. Www@FoodAQ@Com

I am sorry Mrs!. Cougar, hubby will have to settle for root beer or ginger ale!.Www@FoodAQ@Com

The consumer Foods information on is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
The answer content post by the user, if contains the copyright content please contact us, we will immediately remove it.
Copyright © 2007 FoodAQ - Terms of Use - Contact us - Privacy Policy

Popular Pages