What would be the best way to pack and ship homemade wine to relatives?!

Question: What would be the best way to pack and ship homemade wine to relatives!?
First, it is "technically" illegal to ship alcohol out of state!. If you were caught, it would probably amount to nothing because the reasoning for doing this is to collect taxes on it!. Homemade wine is of course untaxed so the state never lost anything!. Just warning you, though!.

Second, you need to use UPS, FedEx or DHL!. You will be fined if you use USPS and are caught -- regardless of the tax issue!. It is explicity illegal to ship alcohol via USPS!.

You would want to get a sturdy box, double walled cardboard or something like that, stuff the bottom with balled up newspaper or packaging peanuts!. Then you want to add a couple layers of bubble wrap to each bottle, tape that off!. The put each of those inside a zip lock bag just in case something breaks they don't have a big leaky mess on their hands and open up your box to find you were shipping alcohol!. Then jam the rest of the box full of newspaper and/or packaging peanuts!. I would suggest you drop the box from a couple feet to ensure nothing breaks!. This is how it will be treated on the truck and in the centers, as well as for delivery, so better to find out if it breaks before you buy a shipping label!.Www@FoodAQ@Com

Cardboard box, individually wrap each bottle in bubble wrap, put in large box and surround completely with styrofoam peanuts!. Ship it UPS and be sure to note "fragile" on the package!.Www@FoodAQ@Com

There is this hard foam you can get to ship wine!.

But I am sure if you buy a big block of it you can just carve it out yourself to secure it!.


Check out uline!.com!.

They have specific packaging for shipping wine bottles!.Www@FoodAQ@Com

UPS!. I work there and we take good care of the packages and if something does happen to it we'll reimburse you for it!. Www@FoodAQ@Com

The consumer Foods information on foodaq.com is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
The answer content post by the user, if contains the copyright content please contact us, we will immediately remove it.
Copyright © 2007 FoodAQ - Terms of Use - Contact us - Privacy Policy

Food's Q&A Resources