Is alcohol a poison? ?!

Question: Is alcohol a poison!? !?
Is alcohol a poison!? I've heard things like "that's why you throw up, your body is trying to get rid of the poison"!. Is this true!?

Reliable sources would be fantastic!. Www@FoodAQ@Com

There is a saying that "The dose makes the poison!." Anything can poison you in the right dose!. Try swallowing a handful of salt!. Well, maybe you should just think about what you would happen if you did that!. Alcohol in small amounts is not a poison; in large amounts, it is!.Www@FoodAQ@Com

Ethanol (alcohol) is a psychoactive drug that has a depressant effect!. A high blood alcohol content is usually considered to be legal drunkenness because it reduces attention and slows reaction speed!. Alcoholic beverages can be addictive, and the state of addiction to alcohol is known as alcoholism!. that is what wikipedia says!.Www@FoodAQ@Com

Well you throw up due to your stomach basically overflowing!.!.!. Same goes with drinking a lot of water, your stomach will just throw it back up!.

Vomiting also can occur if you are so intoxicated that you have no balance, so!.!.!. You do the math!.Www@FoodAQ@Com

Yes it is a poison, as is caffeine!. Pretty much anything can be considered a poison!.Www@FoodAQ@Com

your body treats it like a poison
it certainly doesn't do your body good!.!.Www@FoodAQ@Com

If you drink to much it definitely is a poison , that's why they call it alcohol poisoning , it can be very dangerousWww@FoodAQ@Com

poison yes - drink too much of it then it definitely is a poisonness to your bodyWww@FoodAQ@Com

try itWww@FoodAQ@Com

The consumer Foods information on is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
The answer content post by the user, if contains the copyright content please contact us, we will immediately remove it.
Copyright © 2007 FoodAQ - Terms of Use - Contact us - Privacy Policy

Food's Q&A Resources