Is a provisional drivers licence an accepted form of ID to buy alcohol/go clubbing etc?!

Question: Is a provisional drivers licence an accepted form of ID to buy alcohol/go clubbing etc!?
I live in England and I turn 18 in March so I will need ID to buy alcohol, go clubbing and all the things you can do once you turn 18!. The only form of ID I currently have is my passport and I don't want to have to take that everywhere with me!. I've not started learning to drive yet but I was thinking about getting a provisional for the soul reason of using it as ID!. Is a provisional drivers licence accepted in shops to buy alcohol and clubs etc!? Or is it only full drivers licences that are accepted!? If a provisional isn't accepted, what other form of ID should I get!? I need ID soon because I'm 18 in March! Thank you for your help! :) xxxWww@FoodAQ@Com

Well it would seem pointless getting a provisional license solely for the use as ID!.

Any form of photo ID with the 'Pass' hologram, is widely accepted by most retailers and licensed premises!.

Check this site, for the 'Validate' ID card which would be cheaper than a provisional and has the accepted 'pass' hologram


You really just need a State Picture ID that you can get from the DMV!. It does not have to be in connection with a driving record or license any body can get one with proof of age and perhaps address!.

I am not sure if the provisional license has a picture in your state- ours, in Michigan do not!.

Have fun and be careful with your new rights!Www@FoodAQ@Com

Possibly, but if not, why don't you do what I do, Just photocopy your passport and stick it in your wallet, purse, bag!? That s what i did!. It helped be to buy Tomb Raider, HMV didn't believe i was 14Www@FoodAQ@Com

yeah, i used mine all the time to buy cigarettes and alcohol and go to bars so yeah you def can!.Www@FoodAQ@Com

Yes-I use mine for ID all the time! It's the only ID I show when in pubs/bars/shops 'cos I dont really like the idea of taking my passport on a night out!Www@FoodAQ@Com

It's up to the club or bar, but if you are legal age, you shouldn't have a problem!.Www@FoodAQ@Com

ye that should be accepted as idWww@FoodAQ@Com

The consumer Foods information on is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
The answer content post by the user, if contains the copyright content please contact us, we will immediately remove it.
Copyright © 2007 FoodAQ - Terms of Use - Contact us - Privacy Policy

Food's Q&A Resources