This is about a beer that I need a recipe for?!
Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
It is Russian but not just them it is Old East Slavic or regional.
Kvass is low alcohol, sour beer made from rye bread. It is as Russian as Baseball is American!
To make your own, I suggest the follow recipe:
- A loaf of dark Rye bread
- A bottle of of Lemon juice
- A two cans of Budweiser can or any other low quality American Lager
- A bottle of Strawberry extract
- Pour a Bud into a large bowl
- Add Lemon juice until the Bud show signs of flavor
- Add a dash or four of Strawberry extract
- Dip Rye bread into bowl and eat it/
This may come close to the taste of Kvass.
Worst case is you will have a Bud with flavor.
If you are a home brewer there is a recipe in the link below. Sounds interesting - I've never heard of the beer and may have to give it a try...