Is my vodka poisoned?!

Question: Is my vodka poisoned?
The only vodka I can afford is of the cheaper variety. Recently I bought Royal Gate, and I must say I've never tasted vodka like this before. Mixed with fruit juice, it STILL tastes strongly like a mixture between gasoline, rotten vegetables, and something else chemical-tasting I can't quite put my finger on. I have a very strong sense of taste and smell, and this is quite noticeable. I didn't even try it straight first; I mixed it immediately with the juice (not even 1/4 of vodka is in the 12 oz drink). I had tasted the juice before I mixed in the alcohol and it was fine; I thought the mixture would turn out well. I then drank water and a few minutes later tried a small glass of different juice with a smaller portion of vodka, had more watter, then sipped the stuff straight - Same result.

I don't mean to sound paranoid, but could this be poisoned? I wonder if it's something similar to this case:

Please someone let me know what you think, I know it's a goofy question but I hope you take it seriously.


Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

Just cheap alcohol, and your head will feel it tomorrow, take some aspirins before going to bed.

Royal Gate is one of the cheaper vodkas out there. I used to work in a liquor store
and this dude used to come in every morning for a half pint while walking the dog.

i think its just cheap.... try another bottle of the same if you want to see but id spend a lil more money for better taste

The consumer Foods information on is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
The answer content post by the user, if contains the copyright content please contact us, we will immediately remove it.
Copyright © 2007 FoodAQ - Terms of Use - Contact us - Privacy Policy

Food's Q&A Resources