Best wine to have with this Guinea Fowl dish?!
* 1 guinea fowl or chicken, about 1.3kg/3lb
* 1 lemon
* 2 bay leaves
* several thyme sprigs
* 3 tbsp olive oil
* 500g potatoes , unpeeled, cut into chunks
* 3 garlic cloves , unpeeled and bruised
* 200g chestnut mushrooms , halved if large
* 200g cooked chestnuts
FOR THE SAUCE
* 150ml white wine
* 150ml chicken stock
* 1 tbsp bramble or redcurrant jelly
If you need any further details, eg method, feel free to ask.
Low-to-no oak Chardonnay, like Chablis or Pouilly-Fuisse. Falanghina also sounds fun.
I'm a sommelier
I'm going to have to agree with the Pinot Noir recommendation. White wine as prep or not. Guinea fowl isn't the richest game bird, but it's still going to be perfect with Pinot. To up the pairing compatibility, why not use wild mushrooms in the recipe instead of the plain ones that are called for.
USUALLY, white wine is served with fowl; However a good Ros'e is acceptable. Rose Mateus is really good !