What is your favorite meatloaf recipe?!
Hi Deer Hunter, I've used this Meat Loaf recipe for years. It is very simple and it turns out really moist. I hope you like it.
2 slices fresh bread crumbs
1 large chopped onion
1 small chopped green pepper
1 1/2 lb. ground beef
2 1/2 teas. salt
1/4 c. milk
3/4 c. ketchup
Heat oven to 400 degrees. With fork, slightly beat eggs; lightly mix in ground beef,
crumbs, onion & pepper. Add salt, milk and ketchup; combine lightly but
thoroughly. Turn into loaf pan. Bake 50 min. Pour off excess juices.
This is my favorite, and probably only, meatloaf I truly adore.
Boston Market's Meatloaf
1 cup tomato sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
6 tablespoons all?purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
dash garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix together the tomato sauce, barbecue sauce and sugar in a small saucepan
over medium heat. Heat the mixture until it begins to bubble, stirring often, then remove it from the heat.
3. In a large bowl, add all but 2 tablespoons of the tomato sauce to the meat.
4. Mix the sauce into the meat, then add the remaining ingredients. Mix again.
5. Pack a loaf pan with the meat mixture, cover with foil, and bake for about 30 minutes.
6. Remove foil and drain fat.
7. Cut the meatloaf, while in the pan, into eight separate slices. Pour remaining sauce over the meatloaf.
8. Return to oven and cook for another 30 minutes, uncovered.
9. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
I really like my meatloaf savory rather than sweet and I like to use ground turkey instead of beef.
2 lbs ground turkey
1 package lipton onion soup mix
1 cup panko bread crumbs (seasoned kind)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
2 tbsp chopped fresh italian parsley
1 tbsp dried onions
few dashes Worcestershire sauce
McCormick Montreal Steak seasoning for the top
mix all together, shape into loaf, place on a foil lined and sprayed cookie sheet
sprinkle with the steak seasoning
bake at 350 for about an hour (little more if your loaf is wide)
I usually make a packet of brown gravy and serve with mashed potatoes and a veggie like petit peas or green beans. The fam loves it!
Deer Hunter, the recipe I have is from another contributor on here called SandyPaw, it is awesome. it's moist, not dry, has flavor, doesn't taste like sliced cardboard. Contact Sandy.
2lbs meat, 1 egg, a couple hand fulls of crushed crackers, garlic powder,salt and pepper and then topped off with Ketchup! Yummy!