What should I make for dessert?!
My kids love it when I take a graham cracker crust, slice bananas into it, then pour prepared instant chocolate pudding over it. Once it's set, I top it with a container of Cool Whip that's been thawed a bit or Reddi Whip - either works just fine. Before I had my son with peanut allergies, I used to whip some peanut butter into the chocolate pudding too or sprinkle chopped nuts in when the bananas went in.
Chocolate Banana Flan… Absolutely Irresistible!
A creamy, extra "chocolatey" treat! Looks beautiful and tastes even better! One of many easy chocolate dessert recipes that will make you (and your guests!) speechless.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: about 20 minutes
Ingredients: (4 - 6 people)
7 oz. Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate (or your favorite high-quality dark chocolate at 70% cocoa)
2/3 cup Crème Fra?che (or heavy cream)
1/2 cup Whole Milk
1 tbsp. Butter (room temperature)
Powdered Sugar to decorate
Butter and Granulated Sugar for baking dish
How to Make It:
Preheat oven to 350°F
1. Chop chocolate into small pieces and put in a bowl.
2. Heat up cream and milk (don't let it boil!) and pour over chocolate pieces. Stir until chocolate melts and the batter is smooth.
3. Stir in butter until smooth.
4. Once batter is cool, add eggs, and whisk well.
5. Butter and sugar a baking dish (or a flan dish).
6. Cut bananas into thick slices. Line the bottom of baking dish with bananas.
7. Pour chocolate batter into dish, over bananas, and bake for 15-25 minutes, depending on how firm you want it.
8. Take out of oven and sprinkle top with rum and powdered sugar. Put back in oven, best if right under grill, and bake for about 3-5 minutes. Serve Warm.
You can prepare this dessert ahead of time. I always do! Add rum and powdered sugar, and bake additional 5 minutes right before serving!
Make some chocolate pudding with slices of wafer cookies and banana slices