What sorts of snacks will go well with Lemon Drop martinis?!
Question: Having a special lady friend over for drinks tonight. She wants lemon drop martinis so I'm trying to think of a light snack to serve with them. Any suggestions?
Answers: Having a special lady friend over for drinks tonight. She wants lemon drop martinis so I'm trying to think of a light snack to serve with them. Any suggestions?
Lemon drops are luscious and taste like a very kicked up lemonade! Food wise, you want something to compliment the sweet and sour flavor of the drink, not overpowering the flavors or bringing out too much of the sour or sweet. here are some ideas:
1. Lil smokies in bbq sauce
2. Puff pastry rollups: using puff pastry squares, roll into a rectangle and top with a mixture of softened cream cheese mixed with chopped green onion, chopped cooked bacon crumbled, and Knorrs Vegetable Soup mix. Roll up jelly roll style and place seam side down. Score in 8 -12 areas and
brush with an egg wash. Bake until golden and puffed. Slice into pieces and serve.
3. Queen pimento olives wrapped in crescent dough and baked.
4. Asparagas spears, cooked crisp tender, and wrapped in prosciutto.
5. Turkey and Havarti rollups: take thinly sliced slices of smoked turkey and fill with a piece of dill havarti. Roll and secure with toothpicks.
6. Fresh Fruit kabobs with a yogurt dipping sauce
7. Carrot and celery stix with a ranch dressing
8. Shrimp salad on Endive Leaves
9. Shortbread cookies
Tapanade with french bread
Crostini / Bruschetta