Anyone has the recipe to Chinese BBQ sauce ?!
Chinese Barbecue Sauce
5 -6 minced fresh garlic cloves
1 piece fresh ginger, minced
1 cup hoisin sauce
1/2 cup sherry wine
1/2 cup soy sauce (low-sodium works too-)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
3 teaspoons red food coloring
1 Mix all ingredients in a bowl,( or a jar with a tight fitting lid), until the sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate until you are ready to use it.
2 *You can set aside some for use as a dipping sauce, but you must first bring it to a full rolling boil, over med. heat, then reduce the heat to low, and simmer until it is thick, and slightly reduced.
3 **When you are ready to cook, marinate meat for 4-24 hours, turning once every two hours. You then grill or broil the meat until it is cooked through,(and slightly charred- this adds to the flavor!).
If you are talking about Authentic Cantonese roasted pork (Cha Siu), then, you are asking the marinade of Cha Siu! You can't put the sauce on the meat and roast it right away. Here below is the ingredients and preparation for Cantonese roasted pork.
By the way, we don't put food colouring in our authentic Cha Siu recipe!
600g Pork Chuck
Sauce for BBQ pork: (you may need more but base of on same ratio)
20g Fermented Soy Bean Paste
15g Hoisin Sauce
5g Sesame Paste
1 tsp Soy sauce
Marinade for pork:
4 tsp BBQ Pork sauce
2 tsp Rose Wine
2 tsp Ketchup
4 tsp Light Soy Sauce
2 tsp Ginger Juice and Rice Wine
5g Kaemp Feria Powder
1) Clean pork and cut into strips, about 3/4 inch thick.
2) Prepare BBQ Sauce then add the ingredients of Marinade into the sauce, stir well and marinate pork for 2 hours, frequently turn over to ensure even flavouring.
3) Place marinated pork in a heated oven at 350 degree F for 15 minutes, turn the meat and heat for another 15 minutes.
4) Brush some maltose or honey over the pork, bake another 5 minutes, remove from oven.
5) Wait till it cool a bit then cut to 3/4 inch thick slices and serve.
It's called Char Siu. If you google "Char Siu Recipe" there will be a multitude to choose from.