Salmonella in sausage?!
You are going to be fine. A red speck that ran thru the sauage? Yu are obviously young and don;t really know what you are talking about.
Even if it was a bit under cooked you will be just fine.
A red speck?
It's probably a chili flake or something.
Salmonella is a bacteria that isn't instantly found in foods and cooked out.
The conditions need to be there for the bacteria to be present.
People worry way too much about this.
salmonella dies in the heat of a bbq
you cannot see salmonella with the naked eye.pork is irradiated in the US, salmonella contamination usually come from the following
Infected food, often originating at the production site, that is then introduced into the stream of commerce;
Poor kitchen hygiene, especially problematic in institutional kitchens and restaurants because this can lead to a significant outbreak;
Excretions from either sick or infected but apparently clinically healthy people and animals (especially endangered are caregivers and animals);
Polluted surface water and standing water (such as in shower hoses or unused water dispensers);
Unhygienically thawed fowl (the meltwater contains many bacteria);
An association with reptiles (pet tortoises snakes, and frogs)(primarily aquatic turtles) is well described.
Salmonella bacteria can survive several weeks in a dry environment and several months in water; thus, they are frequently found in polluted water, contamination from the excrement of carrier animals being particularly important. Aquatic vertebrates, notably birds and reptiles, are important vectors of Salmonella. Poultry, cattle, and sheep frequently being agents of contamination, salmonella can be found in food, particularly meats and eggs.