When someone dies of alcohol poisoning how much do they have to drink?!

Question: When someone dies of alcohol poisoning how much do they have to drink!?
i mean surely wouldnt you throw up first before you could drink enough to kill you!? or is it that they drown in their own vomit and not alcohol poisoning when you hear about peoply dying from drinking too much!? just wondering!. thanksWww@FoodAQ@Com

ok this varies from person to person!.
Basically to die from alcoholic poisoning you need to die of organ failure due to alcohol, which is as you know a poison!.
Alcohol will repress breathing and lead to coma!.
It is normally as a result of drinking large amounts quickly!.
The pint of spirits dare type scenario, where someone very quickly consumes a nights worth of drink in a couple of minutes!.
Basically, if you drink alot over a long time the act of getting drunk will prevent you drinking enough to kill you often, you fall over before you have enough to kill you!.
You can also die, as someone I knew did, from hypothermia if you pass out in a cold place!.
You can choke on vomit and die but this is because you are unconscious not just because of alcohol!.Www@FoodAQ@Com

Some people don't throw up they just pass out and never wake up!. It also depends on how fast you consume it and your body's metabolism and weight!. You don't ususally drown in your vomit as the rumor has it!. But it's not ruled out!.
Basically it can happen to anyone who consumes enough alcohol to become intoxicated!. Dying can occur if your body decides it can't take it!.Www@FoodAQ@Com

you would have to drink alot of alcohol, also depends, on the hydration of the person, age,weight,gender, temperature, the drink that they drunk, how fast they drunk it, how much, if they have an empty stomach, if they have eaten, wot they have eaten,if they have taken any drugs, so its not likely, most people die of dehydration when they drink as it uses body fluids to process the alcohol,Www@FoodAQ@Com

it depends on the size of the person, how much they can normally tolerate, and if they throw up!.

when you drink until you puke, that's your body's way of saying you're gettin close to poisoning yourself and getting rid of the toxins!.!.!. sometimes when people smoke weed, etc!. when they drink, they won't puke so the toxins stay in their body which could cause them to die!.Www@FoodAQ@Com

How much depends on body weight and drinking habits!. But lots over a short time to get really drunk and then a massive hit to over load their system seems to be the most common practice!. No it is the alcohol that kills them not the vomiting!.Www@FoodAQ@Com

many factors come into play you can have so much alcohol in your blood it can kill you, you can drown in your vomit or over time kill your liver also the amount has a lot to do w/ size weight tolerance etcWww@FoodAQ@Com

depends on the peep doing the bevvie!.!.!.!.!. just one drink can do it (pic)Www@FoodAQ@Com

The consumer Foods information on foodaq.com is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
The answer content post by the user, if contains the copyright content please contact us, we will immediately remove it.
Copyright © 2007 FoodAQ - Terms of Use - Contact us - Privacy Policy

Food's Q&A Resources