Under 21, sending back wine from France?!

Question: Under 21, sending back wine from France!?
Hi all!. I was wondering if there was any way that I could send back bottles of wine while I am visiting France this winter to my home in the United States (California), because I am under 21!. Should I put the package under my father's name or something!? Thanks in advance!Www@FoodAQ@Com

Ideally the package is to be sent with the note that it can only be received by someone who is 21, and the mail man is supposed to card you!. This isnt well enforced!. also, there may be issues with customs, and depending on the state you live in (MD and MA come to mind) you will have big problems!. The best thing to do is to have the winery or wine store ship it for you!. They will pack it so it wont break as well!.

I must suggest the 2005 vintage esp for Bordeaux!. A great year, and getting expensive in the US!. Www@FoodAQ@Com

I don't know that your age matters, however in the United States it is illegal to mail alcohol unless you are a certified business or corporation!. A person can't just walk into a post office, and ship a package which is actually beer, wine, etc!. Www@FoodAQ@Com

The consumer Foods information on foodaq.com is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
The answer content post by the user, if contains the copyright content please contact us, we will immediately remove it.
Copyright © 2007 FoodAQ - Terms of Use - Contact us - Privacy Policy

Food's Q&A Resources