what is a good alcoholic drink for the flu?!
Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
Chamomile, peppermint, ginger tea can help better in relaxing and relieving those flu symptoms. Do take a lot of juice / fruits which are high in Vitamin C though.
But if you really want an alcoholic drink, try Sapphire Ginger Mint
1-1/2 oz Bombay Sapphire Gin
3 oz ginger ale
6 fresh mint leaves
1. Place mint leaves in your hand and clap once to open up flavours.
Juice of 1/2 a lime, freshly squeezed
1 kiwi fruit, diced with some larger chunks for garnish
1/4 tsp finely minced ginger
Dash of salt (if desired)
slightly crushed small piece of ginger
3 Tablespoons simple sugar syrup
8 oz. Ginger Ale
Kiwi and lime rind for garnish
1. Rub lip of chilled tumbler with ginger, drop into cup. Add ice.
2. In a separate mixing container, add sugar syrup, dash of salt, minced ginger, diced kiwi, and lime juice; mix well.
3. Pour ginger ale into chilled tumbler, and pour juice mix over
soda, making sure to swirl minced ginger and kiwi back into suspension first.
4. Garnish with kiwi and/or lime rind.
Both have ginger which is good to relieve flu symptoms.
None. Alcohol is counter-indicated for the flu.
Still, if I were going to do it, the idea of a screwdriver made with really good OJ has some appeal. I'm not sure why orange juice seems so delicious when I'm sick, but it really does.
None, really....but if you must have something, I'd say a mimosa or bloody mary.
You could also have a couple shots of jager...once used as an elixer. hehe.
Rum. That fixed up my throat. That'll fix virtually anything. Drink it straight, like a real man does.
When I had the flu, I took a couple of shots of whiskey and that got rid of my blocked nose and sore throat